Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Topic Making Lists – IELTS Speaking part 1

Hôm nay IELTS VIETOP sẽ mang đến bạn một chủ đề IELTS Speaking khá thú vị – Making Lists. Hãy cùng xem bài mẫu của VIETOP dưới đây nhé!

1. Sample

  • Do you make a list before going shopping? Why?

Actually, it depends on the main purpose of going shopping. When I only need to buy just one or two commodity items, yeah, that is no reason why I have to spend time on making the list. However, when I was running a project with a great number of things that need to be bought, making a list would be a better choice. Ya know, sometimes in the supermarket, I racked my brain the whole day but I still couldn’t remember what items that I need to buy.

  • Why is it important to make a shopping list?

Making a shopping list can enable people to avoid overspending. Ya know, when shopping, people are often tempted to make unnecessary purchases because of alluring advertisement. And the bargain price also entices customers to splurge on other unnecessary stuff. So, making a list while shopping can help people save more money.

  • Do you make a list of your work? Does it work?

As the one who has a memory like a sieve, making a to-do list at work is enormously important to me. All of the work assignment that my boss gave to me went in one ear and out the other. So I often make a list in detail and assign due-dates to the tasks in order to get things organised and complete all the assignments on time.

  • Why don’t some people making lists?

I think that this is because some of them have a photographic memory who can nearly remember all the important things and events in their life, so making a list can be considered a time-consuming task. Some others have a memory like a sieve-like mine, but they still do not make a to-do list, this is because following or obeying the list seems infeasible to them, and they think that is useless.

  • Do you prefer using a piece of paper or making a list on your phone?

I prefer making a list on my phone. Ya know, smartphones have become indispensable in our daily life and they are portable. So making a list on phone is much easier. Moreover, smartphones can remind us about some necessary information about the event a few days in advance.

Bạn đang yếu kỹ năng IELTS Speaking? Bạn mong muốn nâng điểm IELTS Speaking của mình lên? Hãy tham khảo ngay khóa học IELTS Speaking 10 buổi tăng 1.0 band độc quyền tại VIETOP

2. Vocab

Từ vựng Nghĩa Ví dụ minh họa
A memory like a sieve trí nhớ không tốt I can’t believe I forgot to bring the sandwiches! I’ve got a memory like a sieve
Go in one ear and out the other đàn gãy tai trâu That boring lecture went in one ear and out the other.
A photographic memory trí nhớ hình ảnh (khả năng ghi nhớ chỉ sau 1 lần nhìn) Martha has a photographic memory. She copied that painting perfectly and she’d only seen it once.
It slips my mind quên mất I’m sorry I didn’t get you a present. It slipped my mind that it was your birthday.
Rack my brain cố nhớ I’ve been racking my brain all morning but can’t remember where I put my passport.
Get organised sắp xếp People keep lists to get things organised
Assign due-dates  ấn định ngày đến hạn I always keep a to-do list, and I often assign due-dates to the tasks.
To-do-list danh sách những việc cần làm Each day I try to mark off as many items on my to-do list as possible.
Commodity hàng hóa The country’s most valuable commodities include tin and diamonds.
Overspending vung quá nhiền tiền The major problem we’re facing is overspending by politicians.
Be tempted dụ dỗ I was sorely tempted to resign after my boss screamed at me for the second time.
Make a purchase mua She made two purchases from my stall.
Allure thu hút I didn’t find the prospect of a house with no electricity very alluring
Bargain price giá ưu đãi The airline regularly offers last-minute bookings at bargain prices.
Splurge chi nhiều tiền I can happily splurge 3,000 pounds in on day.
Indispensable không thể thiếu His long experience at the United Nations makes him indispensable to the talks
Portable có thể di động được Computers become lighter, smaller, and more portable every year
In advance trước If you’re going to come, please let me know in advance
Bạn đang yếu kỹ năng IELTS Speaking? Bạn mong muốn nâng điểm IELTS Speaking của mình lên? Hãy tham khảo ngay khóa học IELTS Speaking 10 buổi tăng 1.0 band độc quyền tại VIETOP

Hy vọng với chủ đề trên đây sẽ giúp ích cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS, IELTS Vietop chúc các bạn ôn luyện IELTS đạt được kết quả cao. Nếu có thắc mắc gì bạn có thể để lại bình luận dưới đây nhé



source https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/topic-making-lists-ielts-speaking-part-1/

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Writing samples: Physical activities

Luyện thi IELTS Vietop  gửi bạn bài Writing samples: Physical activities   bên dưới nhé! Các bạn theo dõi và ôn luyện  IELTS Writing  thật tốt nhé! Task 1: The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010. The bar chart depicts the percentages of Australian males and females in various age groups who exercised regularly in 2010. Overall, men’s engagement peaked between the ages of 15 and 24, while women’s participation peaked in the 45 to 54 age group. Besides, in every age group save the youngest, more women than men participated in regular exercise. Women in the youngest age group who regularly exercised were 47.7%. After then, their participation increased significantly with age, peaking at 3% over a half in the 45-54 age group. Above that, it began to deteriorate, with only 47.1% of people in the most senior age group engaging in regular workout. The lowest age ...

Review sách Hackers IELTS Reading

Sách “Hackers IELTS” phù hợp cho bạn đang muốn tự ôn luyện tại nhà nhưng không biết nên chọn sách nào học cho hiệu quả và khoa học. Bộ sách “Hackers IELTS” được các chuyên gia tin tưởng giới thiệu cho những bạn chưa biết gì về IELTS, không biết cấu trúc đề thi IELTS gồm những phần nào,…thì “Hackers IELTS” rất phù hợp với những đối tượng này. Xem thêm bài viết đang được quan tâm nhất: Review sách... Bạn hoàn toàn có thể đạt 6.5 IELTS trở lên là điều không khó nếu như bạn biết cách sắp xếp lộ trình học sao cho logic và thêm việc lựa chọn 1 vài tài liệu thực sự hay và dễ học, thì mọi nút thắt đều được gỡ bỏ. Hàng nghìn độc giả đã mua và nêu cảm nhận rất tốt về bộ sách này chính là minh chứng cho việc “Hackers IELTS” sẽ giúp bạn làm được điều mà bạn mong ước. Review sách Hackers IELTS Reading Nội dung chính BOOK REVIEW “Hackers IELTS” Giới thiệu chung Ưu điểm Bố cục mỗi bài gồm Khuyết điểm Kết luận BOOK REVIEW  “Hackers IELTS” Tên sách: Hackers IELTS Reading Nhà xuất bản: Nhà xuất bản ...

WRITING SAMPLES: EDUCATION

Vậy nên, hôm nay Vietop sẽ gửi đến bạn bài mẫu EDUCATION Task 1,2 về chủ đề này, cùng xem và lưu lại để ôn tập và rèn luyện kỹ năng IELTS Writing nhé! Task 1:  The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared. The bar chart displays why adults opted to study, while the pie chart depicts people’s thoughts on the tuition fee distribution of the study mentioned before. Overall, the two primary reasons why individuals have maintained their education, according to the poll results, are because they are interested in subjects and to get a degree. It should also be noted that the majority of school expenditures should be covered by individuals themselves, according to the study. It can be shown that the two primary reasons why adults continue their education are because they are interested in the program and to get ...