Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Topic: “Old Objects” – IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3

IELTS Vietop gửi đến các sĩ tử chủ đề “Old Objects” trong IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3. Xem ngay để ôn luyện thôi nào!

Part 2

Đề bài

Describe a thing you bought and felt pleased about

You should say:  

  • What it was  
  • Where you bought it  
  • How it was used And explain 
  • why it made you happy 

Sample

I’m going to talk about something that I purchased, and I’m really satisfied with it. However, it’s not a physical object. It’s a video game called “Age of Empire 3”.

I bought a digital version of the game on a website called Steam. At the time, it was on sale and I got a 60% discount. I still remember that I begged my mom to let me use her credit card to buy and pay back my mom with  my allowance. It was about 2 week worth of snack money.

The game is in a genre that is called Real Strategy in which you can build an empire and wage war with other players. You usually start with civilians or villagers and you use your mouse to instruct them to gather resources such as food, wood and gold. Once you’ve got enough resources, you can level up and build structures like barracks that train soldiers. You then could send these soldiers to other players’ bases to skirmish. To win a game, you have to eliminate the others’ bases or make them resign. There’s much calculation involved as you must balance the resources between building the structures and training soldiers and you have to time the attack at the right moment as well.

I’ve had this game for eight years and I’ve lodged about 400 hours playing it and it’s still fun every time. I use it to escape when I’m stressed out and when I have nothing else to do. To me, it’s money well spent.

Vocab

  • To beg (v): cầu xin, nài nỉ
  • Allowance (n): tiền được chu cấp
  • To wage war (v + n): gây chiến
  • To resign (v); rút lui
  • Money well spent: đáng đồng tiền

Part 3

What are some other things that people keep in their family for a long time?  

My family heirloom is a piece of jewelry. It’s a sapphire stone which is now a part of my mother’s ring. I’m told that it used to belong to my grandfather who passed away 20 years ago. He gave my mother this stone just before he died. It means a great deal to her and it provided spiritual relief for my mother when my grandfather passed away. I think one day, she’ll pass it down to my brother as he’s closer to her than I am and I’m fine with that.

  • heirloom: vật gia truyền
  • jewelry (n): trang sức
  • belong to (v + adv): thuộc về
  • to pass down: truyền lại

In your culture, what sorts of things do people pass down from generation to generation?  

The largest of them would be lands and properties. People tend to hold on to their ancestor’s houses and lands for generations. Sometimes they are co-own by many people to ensure they’re always in the family. Other things that are kept in family for a long time are jewelry, gold and sometimes books. 

Which do you prefer, old things or new things?

I like novel things better. While I understand that old things such as antiques or archaeological artifacts can teach us a lot about the past, I prefer looking at the future. We have so many upcoming technologies to be excited about such as self-driving cars, robot helpers, and technology that can help cure terminal illnesses. I think we have a bright future and I can’t wait to get there.

  • antique (n): đồ cổ
  • archaeological artifact (adj + n): di vật khảo cổ
  • upcoming (adj): sắp ra mắt/xuất hiện
  • Terminal illness (adj + n): bệnh nan y

IETLS Vietop hy vọng hai bài mẫu trên sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Nếu bạn có thắc mắc về bài viết hãy để lại bình luận bên dưới nhé!



source https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/speaking/topic-old-object-ielts-speaking-part-2-3/

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Writing samples: Physical activities

Luyện thi IELTS Vietop  gửi bạn bài Writing samples: Physical activities   bên dưới nhé! Các bạn theo dõi và ôn luyện  IELTS Writing  thật tốt nhé! Task 1: The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010. The bar chart depicts the percentages of Australian males and females in various age groups who exercised regularly in 2010. Overall, men’s engagement peaked between the ages of 15 and 24, while women’s participation peaked in the 45 to 54 age group. Besides, in every age group save the youngest, more women than men participated in regular exercise. Women in the youngest age group who regularly exercised were 47.7%. After then, their participation increased significantly with age, peaking at 3% over a half in the 45-54 age group. Above that, it began to deteriorate, with only 47.1% of people in the most senior age group engaging in regular workout. The lowest age ...

Review sách Hackers IELTS Reading

Sách “Hackers IELTS” phù hợp cho bạn đang muốn tự ôn luyện tại nhà nhưng không biết nên chọn sách nào học cho hiệu quả và khoa học. Bộ sách “Hackers IELTS” được các chuyên gia tin tưởng giới thiệu cho những bạn chưa biết gì về IELTS, không biết cấu trúc đề thi IELTS gồm những phần nào,…thì “Hackers IELTS” rất phù hợp với những đối tượng này. Xem thêm bài viết đang được quan tâm nhất: Review sách... Bạn hoàn toàn có thể đạt 6.5 IELTS trở lên là điều không khó nếu như bạn biết cách sắp xếp lộ trình học sao cho logic và thêm việc lựa chọn 1 vài tài liệu thực sự hay và dễ học, thì mọi nút thắt đều được gỡ bỏ. Hàng nghìn độc giả đã mua và nêu cảm nhận rất tốt về bộ sách này chính là minh chứng cho việc “Hackers IELTS” sẽ giúp bạn làm được điều mà bạn mong ước. Review sách Hackers IELTS Reading Nội dung chính BOOK REVIEW “Hackers IELTS” Giới thiệu chung Ưu điểm Bố cục mỗi bài gồm Khuyết điểm Kết luận BOOK REVIEW  “Hackers IELTS” Tên sách: Hackers IELTS Reading Nhà xuất bản: Nhà xuất bản ...

WRITING SAMPLES: EDUCATION

Vậy nên, hôm nay Vietop sẽ gửi đến bạn bài mẫu EDUCATION Task 1,2 về chủ đề này, cùng xem và lưu lại để ôn tập và rèn luyện kỹ năng IELTS Writing nhé! Task 1:  The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared. The bar chart displays why adults opted to study, while the pie chart depicts people’s thoughts on the tuition fee distribution of the study mentioned before. Overall, the two primary reasons why individuals have maintained their education, according to the poll results, are because they are interested in subjects and to get a degree. It should also be noted that the majority of school expenditures should be covered by individuals themselves, according to the study. It can be shown that the two primary reasons why adults continue their education are because they are interested in the program and to get ...